Kate Good Consulting
Speaking & Training
Tools of the trade


Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Did we leave you behind?

I love to study all things marketing and in the past 13 months I have been taking notes about marketing that gets my attention in an age where traditional marketing channels no longer work. Based on my notes, here are three things I am doing in my marketing plans and activities today:

1. Simplify Your Message - Today's consumer is on advertising overload. The days of busy ads selling all things to all people no longer exist. Today, the message the reaches and resonates with the customer is a simplfied one. Stay on target and be clear.

2. Keep it Positive - Everyone likes good news. Fun, happy, positive messages are memorable and welcome in all worlds. Celebrate and enjoy. Pass this along to your target customer and it is contagious.

3. Don't tell people what you sell, tell them why they should buy it. 'Nough said!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking for cool, urban, unique move in gifts. Any ideas out there?
    I'm in Charleston, SC! :-)

    ReplyDelete