Kate Good Consulting
Speaking & Training
Tools of the trade


Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I'm Adding to the Success Formula

To be successful at work, here's how you must spend your time:
1% Inspiration
9% Perspiration
90% Justification


If you are reading my blog you are probably looking for some ideas or information to solve a challenge you are having. You can find exactly that all over the Internet and I am glad you stopped by my blog. I would like to give you a little advice as to what to do with the information you are gathering today, work it HARD!

In my consulting practice I constantly hear the excuse "the owner will never go for that". It seems the idea just dies there. This is very sad because you are closest to the problem and you just found a solution. I am certain the owner wants to hear this but it is important that you justify what you think and why. This means you need a lot of supporting data and possibly a mock up of what it will look like. Owners live for ROI data. That simply means, "if I make this investment, how will business improve?".

In late 2012 I jumped into the seat of an apartment developer and owner. ROI has become an all too important topic in my office. You see it is not about saving all the money we can, it is about smart spending and knowing that everything we do has a reasonable payback or it is not worth the money. Think and communicate like an owner and you will find your ideas supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment