Kate Good Consulting
Speaking & Training
Tools of the trade


Monday, December 22, 2008

Pod Hog

I stumbled into the Apple Store while out Christmas shopping today and noticed there is a new Nano that my pod collection is lacking. Yes, I said collection. I actively maintenance and use three IPods. I love my ITouch because I can load a bunch of pictures, games and videos so it makes a good companion for my travels.

While flipping through some of the files on my ITouch I found the first Podcast ever created for the apartment industry. It was shot in about 1 hour by Elise, daughter of Mike Mueller (Vaultware CEO). What is so cool about this effort is that she was still in high school at the time. I hosted the Podcast along with Toni Blake and laughed the whole time (as you always do in the company of Toni Blake). This experiment was to prove the easy and usefulness of technology for marketing apartments.

Today when I click on property Web Sites, You Tube and FaceBook pages for apartment communities I see great use of video. Anyone can buy a Flip Video, shoot something fun and then plug it into your computer to create a captivating video. Next step, publish it so the world will know more about your apartment community. This is such a low cost marketing idea I don't know why we don't see more video.

Ok, ok....do you want to see the first apartment Podcast? Click here (and no comments on the big hair please!) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8611820949239419842&q=source%3A006601590604224603136&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment